Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Years 2007!!!

Happy New Years 2007!!!

The beginning of 2007 for many is a time to move on and blaze a new path or continue what they had originally planed. For me, this New Year really does mark a new beginning for me, a chance to blaze a new path in 2007. I say this because the past few months have not been the most enjoyable. The clock striking midnight at December 31st 2006 and turning over to January 1st 2007 was a wonderful thing. What made it even more spectacular was I was with some of my dearest friends.

That whole evening with them actually started off, as usual, with a bit of chaos, and far from the on-time that I am. I had extended an invite to a very sweet and dear friend of mine who is the total opposite of on time and organized and I love him dearly for it. He is nearly never on time and is usually not that organized. I keep threatening him I will buy him a FiloFax to put him on time and organize his agenda. But those two traits, not being on time and slight disorganization normally drive me off a cliff. But with him, they just make him more unique and endearing because he always pokes fun of me with my time. Plus, those two traits of his have taught me to relax more (yes, I can do that, but it has taken me some time to get to where I am now). He has taught me many things in this world, one not to take it too seriously, always laugh, and enjoy the ride.

Yet, this ride was originally announced to everyone that the dinner party was to start at 8:15 p.m. I had my friend stop early for coffee before we went to this party; this was the plan at least. 7:30 rolled around (I rang him around 6:30 p.m.) and I starting to wonder where on this planet he has wondered off too. Needless to say he got himself trapped in a wee situation in which it took him a bit of time to get out of but we still arrived at the party prior to midnight. Actually I think we arrived around 9ish. Shortly after our arrival my best friend shows up with board games and the most amazing feta dip I have had in a while. From what I recall it is ¾ lb of Feta, some milk, sun dried tomatoes and herb de province. I could have sat there with the chips and the dip all to myself (yes, that thought did cross my mind). Well as that all started to come together the hostess put out a beautiful chocolate fondue. It was wonderful, especially with the oranges one dipped into it. After that we planed this board game called “Apples to Apples ”. It was the most amusing game to play. It was also insightful as one learned more how people think, what they find funny, witty and amusing. I also was told playing that game while totally inebriated is also rather fun. Though none of us got to that point and all were well behaved (which is good because as we left we noticed the goons that were out and about. The police had blocked off a street we could see as we wondered home after the party).

So this New Year for me has some new resolutions, which of course are written down and shall be reviewed daily and adjustments made as I see fit to make sure those goals are reached in 2007. One really should write down their goals and thoughts and desires down and go back to them, as often as one likes or constantly to make sure you are on target to achieve them. And be realistic with them when it comes to time frames. Don’t set yourself up to fail. Setting yourself up to fail not only ruins what you were doing, it just makes setting new goals more difficult because you have not achieved the ones before.

But those are my thoughts for the New Year. I wish you all a very Happy New Year, and hopefully all your dreams, desires and wishes come true.

No comments: